Wallington Gospel Hall, (opposite Clyde Road), Ross Road, Wallington, Surrey SM6 8QN. Phone: 07845 477972.
Please scroll down the page to also see the: “Gospel Meeting”; “Toddler Group”; “Children’s Special” Holiday Club and “Youth Group”.
SUNDAYS – GOSPEL MEETING – ALL WELCOME
2nd and 3rd Sunday of each month: 5:00 – 5:45 pm.
The format of the meeting will be suited to those that come. There will be a talk/message and afterwards there is a free cup of tea and biscuits where you can freely discuss what you think about God, the Bible and life etc. We, or may not, sing a hymn or two.
We use our own speakers, or can invite some to come along and talk to us about various subjects like having peace with God in your heart from trusting in Jesus Christ as your Saviour, receiving total forgiveness for the wrong things we have done, i.e. sins, and life after death and receiving everlasting life.
For further information ring: 07845 477972.
MONDAYS – TODDLER GROUP
This group was commenced on 7 September 1992 and is held during the school term time: 9:30 am – 11:15 am. Anyone is welcome.
We will be open until 9 July and after the Summer Holidays we will recommence on 10 September.
We are a friendly group with a range of members where the children are kept safe by the caring volunteer team. There is a happy atmosphere where you can relax and chat with other parents and with plenty of room on the carpeted floor for the children to be active. There are various toys including: two slides, sit and rides, push and non push musical toys, dolls with push chairs etc where the children learn about sharing, having fun and making friends. We also have table top amenities for puzzles, Duplo and Brio as well as books and colouring and sticking activities. There is also a story time before the singing.
At 11.00am we tidy up and have a singing time before going home.
We welcome babies and toddlers from birth up to age 5 years old with their Mums, Dads, Grandparents or Carers from various backgrounds and any religions or none. Any new members are always welcome including those who wish to sample a session. A donation of 60p per child per session is requested which includes the tea, coffee, squash and biscuits for both adults and toddlers. The visitors’ experience is the primary thing. So when the numbers get beyond the optimum level we welcome new people for their first visit. At the end if they wish to continue to come then we put then on a waiting list. We currently have a waiting list.
Some comments from the parents, grandparents and carers:
- A note from another recent leaver: “Our move to …… is happening quickly, so we won’t be coming back to playgroup in September. Just wanted to drop you a little note to say thank you for making us feel so welcome over the years – we will really miss coming on a Monday.”
- A note from a recent leaver: “Thank you so much for providing such a welcoming and lovely playgroup that we have really valued over the past 3 years! We have all enjoyed attending and will miss it when …… heads to nursery school in September! Wish you all the best in the future and thanks again.”
- “This is my first time here and I have really enjoyed it.”
- “This is good because people look out for each other.”
- “This is a marvellous place. I like it here.”
- “So well organised.”
- “We are very happy that you are strong about safety.”
- “This is a lovely group. It is good. My eldest child looks forward to coming and enjoys the singing.”
- “Thank you for lots of happy mornings at Toddler Group.”
- “This is a nice place and its clean.”
- “Thank you. You are so kind.”
- “Thank you for the Toddler Group. My grandson really enjoys it.”
- “The children asked on the Sunday night about coming to the Toddler Group.”
- “Your craft activities are the best among the groups we attend.”
- A leaver, “I have been coming here for five years and will miss being here.”
- Another, and grandmother, leaver, “I have come here for twelve years and will miss coming here.”
SPECIAL EVENTS – CHILDREN’S SPECIAL
The next “Children’s Special” Holiday Club is expected to be from Monday 20th to Friday 24th August 2018 @ 2.00 to 4.00pm which we hope that you will enjoy. Age range is 5 to about 12 years old.
Its Free, Its Fun, Its For Everyone! We enjoy our time together. For the first hour the children are split into two age groups and all do: craft activities and various games, or written quizzes and colouring for those who prefer that to games. For the second hour there are: Bible songs and stories, competitions and quizzes. On the Friday there are no craft activities due to the prize giving at the end of the meeting, but along with the games there is the option of picture colourings, word searches etc instead. We take our Child Protection issues seriously. The helpers always have a good time serving others and we are always happy to talk to people about any questions that they may have.
Parents/Carers are welcome on all occasions. Children from a variety of backgrounds are welcome. Some verbal comments in February 2018 were:
“Thank you very, very much. My daughter really, really enjoyed it.”
“You organised the children and kept control well.”
“Thank you very much for providing this.”
“My children enjoyed it and were disappointed that they could not come on the Friday. They will be pleased that you brought the prizes round.”
A regular said, “As long as my daughter enjoys this she will keep coming.”
“Our son enjoyed it. The book prize will be good reading for him.”
Some “Thanks very much” or “Thanks for this.”
“My children love this. They get up in the morning and get dressed immediately.”
“Children’s Special! I like Children’s Special.”
A late comer, “Thank you very much for two nice days.”
“Thanks for this.”
A number said, “Thank you”.
The second and third Friday of every month (term time only): 7:00pm to 8:30pm at Ross Road Gospel Hall, Wallington
Dates: 2017: The autumn term dates are: January 12 and 19; February 9; March 9 and 16; April 20; May 11 and 18; June 8 and 22; July 13 and 20.
Admission Free. Games (including volleyball, hockey, table tennis and for those who prefer a few board games) plus Bible talks, questions, discussions. Minimum age 10 years. For further information ring: 07845 477972.