Wallington Gospel Hall, (opposite Clyde Road), Ross Road, Wallington, Surrey SM6 8QN. Phone: 07845 477972.
Please scroll down the page to also see the: “Gospel Meeting”; “Toddler Group”; “Children’s Special” Holiday Club and “Youth Group”.
SUNDAYS – GOSPEL MEETING – ALL WELCOME
2nd and 3rd Sunday of each month: 5:00 – 5:45 pm.
The format of the meeting will be suited to those that come. There will be a talk/message and afterwards there is a free cup of tea and biscuits where you can freely discuss what you think about God, the Bible and life etc. We, or may not, sing a hymn or two.
We use our own speakers, or can invite some to come along and talk to us about various subjects like having peace with God in your heart from trusting in Jesus Christ as your Saviour, receiving total forgiveness for the wrong things we have done, i.e. sins, and life after death and receiving everlasting life.
For further information ring: 07845 477972.
MONDAYS – TODDLER GROUP
This group was commenced on 7 September 1992 and is held during the school term time: at the new times of 9:15 am – 11:00 am. Anyone is welcome.
We will be open from 29th October – 10th December then re-open 7 January to 11 February 2019 and 25 February to 1 April.
We are a friendly group with a range of members where the children are kept safe by the caring volunteer team. There is a happy atmosphere where you can relax and chat with other parents and with plenty of room on the carpeted floor for the children to be active. There are various toys including: two slides, sit and rides, push and non push musical toys, dolls with push chairs etc where the children learn about sharing, having fun and making friends. We also have table top amenities for puzzles, Duplo and Brio as well as books and colouring and sticking activities. There is also a story time before the singing.
At 10.45am we tidy up and have a singing time before going home.
We welcome babies and toddlers from birth up to age 5 years old with their Mums, Dads, Grandparents or Carers from various backgrounds and any religions or none. Any new members are always welcome including those who wish to sample a session. A donation of 60p per child per session is requested which includes the tea, coffee, squash and biscuits for both adults and toddlers. The visitors’ experience is the primary thing. So when the numbers get beyond the optimum level we welcome new people for their first visit. At the end if they wish to continue to come then we put then on a waiting list. There is currently a waiting list.
Some comments from the parents, grandparents and carers:
- A recent leaver: “Thank you for all you have done for our family. We will really miss you. Have a wonderful Christmas and may your blessings continue into 2019 and beyond.”
- Another recent leaver: “Thank you for all your hard work and effort this year. We loved coming to your Toddler Group. We’ll miss our Monday mornings next year.”
- “Thank you for providing such a warm place for us to meet. Also for your crafts, stories and songs.”
- “We have been around a few Toddler Groups but this is the best. It is good. There are the toys and you can see everyone. The story times are nice and the craft very good and it is seasonal. What the children do we put up around the kitchen.”
- “With my three children we have been coming, on and off, for 8 to 9 years.”
- “It’s great here. You can relax.”
- “My daughter wants to come to the Toddler Group.”
- A further note from another leaver: “Hi, I have been going to the Toddler group for a few years. First with my daughter and now with my son. I have had to change my working days so we will not be able to come on a Monday anymore. I wanted to thank the team for a lovely playgroup, and the craft, and their warm welcomes. We will miss our Mondays at the group! Take care.”
- A note from another leaver: “Our move to …… is happening quickly, so we won’t be coming back to playgroup in September. Just wanted to drop you a little note to say thank you for making us feel so welcome over the years – we will really miss coming on a Monday.”
- A note from a leaver: “Thank you so much for providing such a welcoming and lovely playgroup that we have really valued over the past 3 years! We have all enjoyed attending and will miss it when our girl heads to nursery school in September! Wish you all the best in the future and thanks again.”
- “This is good because people look out for each other.”
- “We are very happy that you are strong about safety.”
- “Thank you for all that you do for us week after week. Thank you also for your kind words of support and prayers during a very difficult time for our family.”
- “This is a nice place and its clean.”
- “Thank you. You are so kind.”
- “Your craft activities are the best among the groups we attend.”
- A leaver, “I have been coming here for five years and will miss being here.”
- Another, and grandmother, leaver, “I have come here for twelve years and will miss coming here.”
SPECIAL EVENTS – CHILDREN’S SPECIAL
The next “Children’s Special” Holiday Club is planned for Monday 18th to Friday 22nd February 2019 @ 2.00 to 4.00pm which we hope that you will enjoy. Age range is 5 to about 12 years old.
Its Free, Its Fun, Its For Everyone! We enjoy our time together. For the first hour the children are split into two age groups and all do: craft activities and various games, or written quizzes and colouring for those who prefer that to games. For the second hour there are: Bible songs and stories, competitions and quizzes. On the Friday there are no craft activities due to the prize giving at the end of the meeting, but along with the games there is the option of picture colourings, word searches etc instead. We take our Child Protection issues seriously. The helpers always have a good time serving others and we are always happy to talk to people about any questions that they may have.
Parents/Carers are welcome on all occasions. Children from a variety of backgrounds are welcome. Some verbal comments in August 2018 were:
One child came 4½ miles to the Children’s Special!
“This is a good programme” said a few times and “Thank you” and “Thanks very much” said a number of times.
“Can you do this at our church?”
“Thanks for the Children’s Holiday Club which our son enjoyed. Not long after waking up, he would say, “Is it time to go to Children’s Special?”
“Our children enjoyed it. When is the next one?”
“Our children enjoyed it a lot. They wanted the days extended.”
“My kids loved it. They are looking forward to the next one.”
“My daughter really enjoys this.”
“Is Children’s Special finishing today? Why can’t it continue tomorrow?”
“I enjoyed the Children’s Special.”
The second and third Friday of every month (term time only): 7:00pm to 8:30pm at Ross Road Gospel Hall, Wallington
Dates: 2018: The autumn term dates are: September 14 and 21; October 12 (held at Mitcham Junction Gospel Hall); November 9 and 16; December 14 and 21.
Admission Free. Games (including volleyball, hockey, table tennis and for those who prefer a few board games) plus Bible talks, questions, discussions. Minimum age 10 years. For further information ring: 07845 477972.