Gamitin ang Google Translate Utilisez Google Translate Nutzen Sie Google Translate Amfani da Google Translate Jiri Google Asugharia Gunakake Google Translate Za pomoca Google Translate Utilizati Google Translate Utilizarel Traductor de Google Matumizi Google Translate Çevir Google Kullanin Lo Google Sélédemírán
There were disciples alive at the time of the Jesus Christ’s earthly life who were convinced that He was God:
Peter: “Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God” (Matthew 16v16).
John: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. … And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory …” (John 1v1, 14).
Paul: “For in Him (Christ v8) dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily” (Colossians 2v9). “Of whom (the Israelites v8) are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen” (Romans 9v5).
But what did Jesus Christ say about Himself? Did He ever identify himself as God? The Bible never records Jesus Christ saying the precise words, “I am God.” However that does not mean that He did not claim to be God. According to the Bible He certainly did as follows:
JESUS CHRIST MADE STATEMENTS ABOUT HIS PERSON IN ASSOCIATION WITH GOD
Jesus Christ said He Was the Same as God the Father and Existed Before Abraham
• Jesus said, “I and the Father are one” (John 10v30). Once again the people picked up stones to kill him. Jesus said, “At my Father’s direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?” They replied, “We’re stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10v30-33). The Jews’ reaction to His statement was that they tried to stone Him which was in accordance with God’s law, “And whoever blasphemes the name of the LORD shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall certainly stone him, the stranger as well as him who is born in the land. When he blasphemes the name [of the LORD], he shall be put to death” (Leviticus 24v16). The Jews correctly knew that Jesus Christ was claiming to be God and so they tried to stone Him.
• The same situation happened when, “Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM”. Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by” (John 8v58-59). In Exodus 3v14, “And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” So with Jesus Christ “telling them the truth” about being the “I AM” He was therefore openly claiming to be God and so again the Jews responded by taking up stones to kill Him for, in their eyes, speaking blasphemy.
Jesus Christ said to See Him is the Same as Seeing God The Father
• “Then Jesus cried out and said, “He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me. And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me. I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness” (John 12v44-46).
• “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.” Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?” (John 14v6-9).
Jesus Christ said that He was The Son of Man Coming in The Clouds of Heaven
At Jesus Christ’s trial “Again the high priest asked Him, saying to Him, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?” Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”” (Mark 14v61-62). This was a direct reference to Daniel 7v13-14 “I was watching in the night visions, And behold, One like the Son of Man, Coming with the clouds of heaven! Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, Which shall not pass away, And His kingdom the one Which shall not be destroyed.” There the “Son of Man” is given all authority and all peoples worshipped Him. So this was Jesus Christ’s unmistakable claim to Divinity and the result was: “Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “What further need do we have of witnesses? You have heard the blasphemy! What do you think?” And they all condemned Him to be deserving of death.” (Mark 14v63-64)
JESUS CHRIST MADE STATEMENTS CONCERNING PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Only God is able to make the following statements:
“I am the way, the truth, the life”, “you will know the truth” and “I am the Light of the World”.
• “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14v6).
• “Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8v31-32).
• “Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life” (John 8v12).
If God is not speaking here then how did Jesus Christ know that there was not more truth or light to know?
Jesus Christ said That He was From Is Above\My Kingdom is not from This World
• “And He (Jesus Christ v21) said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins” (John 8v23-24).
• “Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here” (John 18v36).
• This is supported by: “For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world” (John 6v33).
Only God is from above.
Jesus Christ said that our love for Him must be above all others
Who other than God can demand that our love for Him must be first above all others? “And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.” (Deuteronomy 6v5) Jesus Christ said in the same way that our love for Him must be so exclusive that all other relationships seem like hatred in comparison. “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.” (Luke 14v26)
Jesus Christ said that He was Lord of the Sabbath Day
God started the Sabbath Day, “And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD” (Exodus 16v23). Therefore only God can be the Lord of the Sabbath. However Jesus uses this title for Himself, “Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath” (Mark 2v28).
JESUS CHRIST MADE STATEMENTS ABOUT HIS PRACTICAL ACTIONS IN OTHER’S LIVES
Jesus Christ said He Could Forgive Sins
“But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins” –then He said to the paralytic, “Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.” And he arose and departed to his house. And he arose and departed to his house …” (Matthew 9v6-8). However “Who can forgive sins but God alone?” (Mark 2:7)
Jesus Christ Said That He Gives Eternal Life To Those Who Believe in Him
“I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. … My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand” (John 10v10, 27-28).
Only God, Who is eternal, can give eternal life.
Jesus Christ said He Is the Judge and Can Grant Eternal Life
• “For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, that all should honour the Son just as they honour the Father. He who does not honour the Son does not honour the Father who sent Him” (John 5v21-23).
• “And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day” (John 6v40).
Jesus Christ does the same as the Father by raising the dead, giving them life, being the judge so that He will receive equal honour to the Father.
Jesus Christ is the Good Shepherd
God is His people’s shepherd, “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want” (Psalm 23v1). Jesus Christ said that He was the good shepherd, “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep” (John 10v11)
Christ and The Father will make their home with Him
“He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him. … If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him” (John 14v21-23).
Jesus Christ is with His people always
God is with His people forever, “The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah” (Psalm 46v7). “Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. …” (Isaiah 41v10). So Jesus Christ said that He would be with us forever, “I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28v20).
Jesus Christ said I am the Resurrection and the Life
“Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live” (John 11v25).
Only God can raise the dead.
JESUS CHRIST ACCEPTED STATEMENTS ABOUT BEING DIVINE FROM OTHER PEOPLE
“Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God”” (Matthew 16v16).
“And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”” (John 20v28).
Will you not trust in the Lord Jesus Christ Who: perfectly knew Who He was, loves you, died for your sins, rose again for you, wants to forgive all your sins and deliver you from eternal judgment, give you eternal life and be with you forever?